小包 is 2 Months


The days passed slowly but the time fly past, xiaobao has turned 2 months old yesterday.  I've been feeling really grateful that we were blessed with a lot of kindness from people around us, and that xiaobao is growing healthily day by day, although there are definitely both good and bad days. 

When you have a baby in the house time seems to play a greater significance relatively as you watch how much transformation the newborn undergoes within a few weeks. Suddenly you realized that the baby has unlock new skills: her first social smile; her first 'ah-ah' and a 'ohh-ohh' sound; the gradual change in her attention span and facial expressions with each passing day. I have stored tons of photos in my phone already after merely 2 short months because you know that all these moments will be gone forever as she learns new things everyday at an increasing speed. Alas, is this what becoming a parent is like? Probably so. 


Parenting journey in the past month (real parenting start after confinement nanny left) hasn't been too exhaustive because of firstly the wonderful helper that Chua recommended, she has helped us greatly in both baby sitting in the morning/evening and keeping the house organised. I couldn't imagine if anyone had to take care of a baby 24/7 with no extra helping hands. Secondly xiaobao has also been very kind to us by not being a fussy baby at night mostly, while we had to wake up every 3 hourly for her night feeds, there was never a night that she was too difficult and we are unable to sleep a wink. Perhaps the day will come eventually, perhaps when she is unwell or whatsoever. But till then I will be counting our blessings. 

With our helper (Phyu phyu) around, I was able to set aside me time to exercise as part of my post partum weight loss (getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight is really important to me and has been my top priorities post partum), run errands, go for self care routines like facial and massages. Moreover as we weren't that worn out during the weekdays with xb, Lnr and I have also been enthusiastically bringing xb out every Sunday for a nice cuppa at various places. All in all this new parenthood journey have not crushed us like how we read or were told, while things may change in the future, I hope to enjoy and cherish everyday now while it last. 




Comments

Popular Posts