Recollections.

The first month of 2020 is ending quickly and quietly, with some fear and and speculations arising from the novel coronavirus in the air. In this ever evolving new media world, I find it increasingly difficult to stay clear minded and  not be swayed by a myriad of unverified sources. But I guess this is the world we are living in, so adapt and overcome?

Anyway, it's a rare weekday night that I am home alone for Jiawei is down for night duties at work. So, self reflection time. Yay? 

Quick review of the goals set in early Jan. 

1. Write a journal entry everyday - 17/29 days
2. Practise the pole moves learnt everyday - Yes for most days. 
3. Chew food slower - Yes for the first 2 weeks only. 
5. Exercise everyday- 7 runs, 16/29 yoga, 2 swims, 7 gyms.  
6. Prepare lunch for gym days - 4/7 gym days. 
7. Record small & big item purchase in dairy - Yes. 
8. Set aside $500 a month for savings - Yes but have not transferred to separate account. 
9. Go into nature instead of malls -  Flew kite @Marina Barrage, Botanic garden, Holey Moley golf. 
10. Plan yoga schedule for the week in advance -  Lack of planning. 
11. Include more short meditation routines - None. 

Review: Not a bad start, but lots of room for improvement through advance planning and active self reminders. 

NTS: Start tracking pole practise, self reminder to chew food slower, plan for yoga/meditation on weekends. Prepare more lunch/oats for lunch.
   
Ideally I would like to be more introspective, on other real and related issues. But my mind is having a restless time. Will call this a night instead. Can't help but feel that it's such a tragic that I pen down my thoughts here a lot less these few years. Am I really a lot busier as a working adult in a regular 9-6 job? I feel like I have such a long way to go, to become the person that I aspire to be, to be in control of myself. And also I barely think about 'then what'? If there is an eventual, attainable goal, or it will rather be a life time pursuit of becoming? 

Comments

Popular Posts