M.


Managed to catch up with yet another sensational Ghibli studio production at home today - When Marie was there. It's amazing how Ghibli always manage to evoke the countryside goodness that brings you into the film, makes you want to be there rolling in the padi field and listening to the wave crashes.

It is lnr's birthday today while he is away in Turkey for work trip, and I decided to keep the leave I applied in advance nonetheless to have a solo off-day, disregard whether I deserve it or not. Who is anyone to decide when we want to take a rest after all?

I swing by Changi boardwalk hoping for a nice cozy sunset except that I did not check in advance on the timing and arrived too early when I could still feel the scorching heat from the ever burning sun. Furthermore I was under the attack of mozzie and was in no peace of mind for a planned reflection  time. Eventually I retreat before the sun sets and had some Aglio Olio for dinner. Tbh, I have not find any Aglio Olio better than the one I had while working at Obar, where I met Lnr teheh. What a pity that he wasn't the cook hur. Alas, the sunset would have been nice but unfortunately I couldn't stand any longer. So this was all I got. 


Maybe I should paint the view someday. I have finished my 3rd course with Laselle recently on Urban Watercolor. While it was fun because it's my very first time spending hours sketching and painting on the street, I wasn't really very pleased at how my art pieces had turn out because they are very much lacking the loose and scribble style I was looking to achieve. Hmph what to do, gotta keep practising.

 Human portraits 

 Albert clock tower

si ma lu temple 

Campbell  lane, lil india

Coffee bean, Bugis +

Art classes at La selle has been costly and I am barely saving money after 1.5 years of getting paid, so I  have been limiting myself to two course at La Selle each year. May I summon the discipline to practise on my own at least once a week when I'm off course. And it's also been very helpful that there are thousands of tutorials on Youtube with real time painting, tips and many more.

Though I don't think my mum is that supportive of me painting or pole dancing the past years as she often pass comments like 'why are you learning art/pole? You want to become painter/pole dancer meh?' While I see her intention that she wants me to get more rest after work. I do not quite agree because 1) I didn't work 8 hours everyday just to rest and wake up the next day to work, I work so I can get paid to do other things that I want to pursue, like art or pole or holiday or buying gourmet groceries that I  could afford. And 2) I am of the view that we don't have to be very good at where our interest lies. We should do things at long as they make us happy and enjoyable, without hurting others?
But I never told her these. In fact I seldom reason out with her anyway. Perhaps I  was brought up not giving an opportunity to explain myself, perhaps I know that the conversation would have been futile anyway. To her I  have always been stubborn and do things my way without heeding kind advises. It's a little funny that here I am, 26 years old independent adult writing about this. But that's how we are slowly shaped into who we are today isn't it. Things doesn't go away simply by ignoring them.



Comments

Popular Posts