Earring muses?

I'm thinking of setting up a blogshop lately. Of all the time I had in my life I chose to run a blogshop when I started working - almost the busiest period of life I have been in. But to defend for myself, it's only now that I'm earning a full time income that I feel comfortable enough to fork out a sum of set up cost, knowing that I will earn it back in no time even if I sunk them all.

I'm not really sure where to start off from. There is only a few things I think I might be sure of. I want to bring in earrings that's not commonly sold in Singapore, I want to package and market it as mid priced earrings ranging from $10-$25, I want to have different series of designs that's tailored to different fashion styles / country cultures. And lastly, needless to say I want to make a profit out of this business, although even if it doesn't I hope it will be an unique experience at least.

I know there is a lot things to do, a lot of time commitment, a lot of decisions making. And I hope to take it one step at a time? Here's a list of things that I can think of as a start.

1. Brand name
2. Logo printing
3. Product packaging
4. Shortlist earrings to bring in
5. Set price based on market trends and profit margins
6. Website creation, payment and order system, terms and conditions, return and refund policies
7. Find out about postage services
8. Facebook page, instagram account - Social media marketing
9. Profit and loss balance sheet
10. Product photoshoot, finding human model

Maybe this is a good list to start with, though I'm sure more problems will come along the way. Guess I will just have to 见招拆招... I wonder if I should be more systematic about this business to make it work, do more market research, read more dummy guides. At the end of the day, I wonder what do I want to achieve. Do I want to design my own earrings? It's an exciting yet scary thought. But life is too short to procrastinate and hesitate.

Anyway, I'm trying to play around with a budget of $1000 with the following rough breakdown.

1. Website domain: $20/month
2. 1st batch of earrings: Approx 100 pairs for $500 (Exc delivery)
3. Logo printing, packaging: $150
4. Social media marketing: $70/week
5. Model photoshoot: $300


Comments

Popular Posts