Daily muse

I left work at 5:40pm today, while most of team were still burying their heads into their monitors. There is always two broad type of workers here, those who leave on the dot and those who stay behind late. And me? I am almost in between, more towards the first group in fact. I have been pretty much leaving work no later than 7 on most days in the past three months, and sometimes almost on time. At times I do wonder what the rest think of me, but most of the time I leave anyway. 

And I hope things stays this way, I  would like the few hours after work everyday is rather precious to me, and I have been filling them up slowly, Tue pole dance, Thur social dance, and Mon Wed watercolor courses soon. To the extent that if I were to spend a night doing absolutely nothing I find it too much of a wastage. Having said that I love going on dates with Lnr too, on Friday nights mostly, though tonight is an exception because I was having rather bad cramps since early morning today, and all I wanted for the night is  some quiet time spent cuddling together or just being present in the same house. Apart from the classes, I still have had some other family commitments too, like visiting ahgong or going over to in-laws place, which I have been scoring rather badly lately. And above all, I want to rush back home and storm up some simple home cooked dishes for Lnr too. There are just so much to do on weekend nights that I felt 9-6pm at work is enough for the day. And in all honesty I am truly grateful for all the work life balance I  have been enjoying. I don't know how long will this last exactly, but Carp diem~ 

I know this may be a stupid question but sometimes at work I can't help but to ask myself over again why are some people so difficult to deal with, almost like they are just out there to pick fights? Perhaps it's because we are coming from different perspective but do they have to be so aggressive and defensive and finding faults all the time? When we are all working under the same umbrella yo. But at the very least it pleases me that I am not the only one, it's an unspoken thing that everyone seems to know some people are just harder to work with in the organisation. I think working has been forcing me to go out and face different personalities, although I had grew up trying to live a life as private and solitude as it could get. But this job has been training me a lot on my people skills, which I have a lot to improve on. Guess it will be beneficial to me eventually.  

Comments

Popular Posts