Two different life.

There was a blood moon tonight, I saw a small crowd of parents with their children on my way home looking up in the sky, I followed their gaze and only managed to catch a glimpse of a corner of the blood moon as there was a cloud passing by at that moment. Some brought fold-able chairs or DSLR down. While I continued to head home and typed this down. 

I met up with a friend of mine tonight for dinner, we were from the same secondary school all the way till university, we have gotten pretty close during the two years of JC, and we are leading such different life now. She has became an insurance agent after graduation, she seems to be pretty hardworking working from 7/8 in the morning into midnight 7 days a week, her goal is to chiong and save up for retirement and to travel, single and a small family nucleus that's scattered across the world, she is freed from most commitments in life, she is probably earning much more than an average graduate on good months. While I took up a government job after graduation, working routinely from 9 to 6 5 days a week, my goal is to have enough to live comfortably like I am now, and also to travel the world slowly,  I am married  and bounded by more family commitments, earning a decent average income of 3000 a month. I think we are both happy. She's happy with earning more and the flexible lifestyle, I am happy that my job wasn't monetary driven and allows work life balance. And I think we are both perfectly fine and no one is better than the other.

The same probably applies to everyone. We  have different lifestyle and priorities, but we are all doing really fine if we are contented with what we get at the end of the day. Social stereotypes shouldn't be in the picture.  A government job might have bore the hell out of her, just like how I might bee really uncomfortable working in the insurance industry setting.  All's well if we are well.

---

On the thoughts of insurance. I was glad that the dinner didn't turn out to be what I feared a hard-selling session. Or it would have sadden me a lot. Although it would definitely have been partially the reason, I  was comfortable throughout the meet up at least. Though I should actually be doing some homework on my own, instead of hoping to decide  on one single trustworthy person to spoon feed me with neutral information. I haven't give insurance too much a thought, I think it might be important and I should most likely get it, the biggest question is not what to get but who to get, who to trust. Maybe I should stop procrastinating and start researching. Maybe I should stop making plans and start doing. 

But right now I just want to enjoy the quietness of the night, knowing that there is a blood moon out there that I couldn't see. 

Comments

Popular Posts