Life check

Time check: 9.57am. Things ticked: breakfast with boba, newspaper reading, good shit, 30 minutes yoga. And there is still a decent length of day light ahead. Now that's how life should be. I have been feeling the guilt of a number of sins lately: gluttony, greed and sloth. And I thought that it's time for some reflection and wake up call to myself before I sink in any deeper.

Gluttony.
Excessive consumption of food and drinks. Often than not, I take a few days off every month when period strikes to munch on junkie and sweet remedies. Which might just be fine, except that lately the few days has extended to almost every other day. And I am struggling to talk myself into eating healthy like before. Part of me completely lost the dedication and discipline for my appetite, which often snowballs into a viscous cycle of eating junkie - feeling regretful - eats more junkie to feel better. I think everyone has their own set of rules to abide by, and I have been failing my personal rules by and large for really long. Integrating healthy eating into a everyday habit is really difficult speaking by experience, but once the routine is established things would have been much easier. Leggo Junting, let's find back your motivations for the leaner self :')  

Greed.
An excessive pursuit of material possessions. Things aren't suppose to turn out this way but truth to be told I have been purchasing a lot of things lately using the money that I couldn't even earn yet. ): At the back of my mind a tiny voice is trying to tell me to stop but sometime my eyes just yearns for more. One dress this week, a pair of shoe next, some pyjamas here, and God knows what I am eyeing next? A new lipsticks? A new bag? The list is non exhaustive. And I wonder if this is really the kind of life I want to pursue after for the next few years. For life is made up of greater happiness than the instantaneous satisfaction from buying new things that feeds itself. Sometimes I lose sight of where I stand, what I can afford, and what am I going after. Life is full of conflicts of interests. I never wanted to own too much possessions because I know they will become obsolete. Oh no let me constant remind myself that before our nest become a rubbish collection centre. 

Sloth.
Excessive laziness. Yes that's me, that is me hiding under the shield of Work-is-starting-I'm-cherishing-my-remaining-freedoms while lazying my life away. Complete inadequate utilisation of my time, time I should be jogging but spent sleeping away, time that I should be focusing more on brushing up my watercolor but spent browsing websites mindlessly. Although one thing I am thankful for the past 2 months is having to cook much more than my expectation, to my greatest surprise. And food has been pretty much edible most of the time, ah at least one thing that I can be proud about personally. But apart of that, I don't really like the direction I am heading towards and all these timem wasted need to be put into better use. D; 

Okay end my confessions on a Thursday morning, onward to a more self-conscious and better self ;') 

Comments

Popular Posts