Affection

Lnr was 30, I was 22 when we first met. And I had a strange attraction to him that I was almost certain that I would marry him someday.  Indeed we did, Lnr popped the question less than a year later and things happened so fast that we found ourselves saying our vows two months later.

Few days ago it occurred to us that we have been, thankfully and happily still, married for half a year. And the all-time-favorite FAQ I've received from friends is 'So, how's married life?'

It's as though that I have been put on fast track in life and escalated to a whole new level before others. It often takes a while to find the answer to that because frankly, it's more like a business-as-usual feeling, perhaps there are some added flavors of securities now, much as marriage certification is a social construction to keep the society in order, it does some wonders in giving people a more relieved and comfortable feeling that 'Aha! I've got this man/woman tied down with me for the rest of our life'. At least it stays true for me.

Living together with Lnr's family has been rather peaceful as well, no dramatic episodes like those you seen in soap dramas, thankfully. Lnr's parents are kind and soft spoken (just like their son), men of little words. I can hardly imagine my life if I were married into a family with in-laws like my own mother, China culture game strong. In fact, Lnr and I are much more tensed up when we go back to my place every weekend than the collective stress (if any) that had built up over the past six months at his place.

But all these aside, we will be having our own home very soon woohoo! And I foresee there might be some chemical reactions going on when we start to live together, for real. Seemingly trivial matters like who is folding the bedsheet every morning might stir up a lil quarrel. Maybe that's where a marriage really begins, we still have a long way to go in becoming marriage guru after all. Though frankly, I'm still feeling much optimism in view of these hidden landmines. Lnr and I have never quarreled since day one, either he has high tolerance or I have been quite well behaved, though 1.5 years is too short a timeframe to deduce anything conclusive. But I have this stream of faith flowing within me right now~ What's more I'm still drowning in the excitement everyday daydreaming of our home, as we piece it up bit by bit now as time go by.

Speaking of our nest, I haven't update further since my last home inspo post. We have secured a (hopefully) reliable main contractor via a friend of mine from pole dance. Things are falling into place slowly; toilet bowls chosen, tiles chosen, first batch of taobao loots for fittings are ready to be dispatched at warehouse. All's left is for me to be back from USA, and we would do a final inspection of our soon-to-be nest, go down to HDB for 2nd appointment, grab our keys, roll the onglai, and let the hacking party begin!

Sometimes I wonder how life would be otherwise, if I didn't work at Obar, didn't meet Lnr. Would I still be with Tan, or would I have break out of it. How would Lnr's life be, who would he met? where would he be? I was never a big fan of fate. My best guess is that we wouldn't have missed a thing, for we would never know what could become of us, even if we live just 2km apart from each other all our lives. But here we are after all, so let's leave all the other possibilities to the parallel universe. I am certainly contented with where I am now, who I am with, and whatever the future beholds for us.

Things are perfect just the way they are now. :)

Except that I need to find a fucking job soon???  

Comments

Popular Posts