Twenty Sixteen

Dear blog, 

Here goes another year as we embrace 2017, and I have been neglecting you much lately ( To which I will be mindful about in the new year that follows ). 


Twenty sixteen has been a year of pleasant surprises and perhaps the greatest change in my life - becoming a wife. It's been a month into Wifey-hood now and as much as Lnr and I remained almost the same as we have always been, occasionally I do feel the strong implication of how the wedlock is indeed the affairs of two families now. There has been some careful deliberations whenever it comes to matters that links the two together. In the past I've wondered if anyone out there that could handle my mum as his in-law well, now I am more than grateful and relieved as how Lnr's relationship with our 'empress' has played out thus far. There are so much reflections I would like to make on the topic of marriage now that I am in one, Perhaps I should give ourselves a little more time for this initial phase to sink in before I make any conclusive remarks. 


Twenty sixteen has also been a year of personal grooming and growth as I have seen and travelled the world for another year more, it's been a year that I have visited old and new places with different people across Bali, Tioman, Taiwan, Cambodia, Hunan and Bangkok, it's been a year that I tried to stick to some good daily routines like browsing the news, reading, painting and exercising (though I still failed to follow most days), it's been a year of witness the good and evil in the world we are living in, meeting kind and scheming folks from all walks of life. To sum up, it was a well spent year blessed with good health, familiar faces of friends and fruitful memories to look back on. 


Looking forward, may I find strength in myself amidst the negative outlook as I'm about to stepped out of the comfort bubble and find my place in the bigger society. May I not lose myself in the world of material wealth, temptations or mindless entertainments. May there be continual good communication and respect between Lnr and I as we embark on the new adventures ahead united as one. Above all, may I always remember to love and be kind to myself and the people around me.   

With love, 
23 y.o. me. 

Comments

Popular Posts