Feeling 22 :')

Birthday isn't a very significant day in itself, but it's always heartwarming to be overwhelmed by sincere wishes from those that you cherish in life. People who made effort to celebrate with me in one way or another touches my heart deeply, and I don't why that it is only this year that I felt a very deep gratitude to every one of you.  I am indeed very very blessed, and there is nothing more to ask for, I could have easily been the happiest person because of all of you. With all the kindness and love yall have showered me with, I hope I have or will make you feel the same way too. :) As early as two weeks back I had my dearest Ali holding a wonderful picnic ( Oh yes, and our Octopus saga too) at Marina barrage because she was flying a week prior to my birthday. You don't get that often in life, people who are already preoccupied with their own commitments but they have never forget about you. :) 


And a week prior to the day I had the biggest surprise of the year by my most precious friend in life, 940 appeared right at my doorstep with thoughtful collaboration with tan with a huge happy birthday sunglasses, I admit that I'm not a person who will scream and cry at such sweet surprises, but it was definitely beyond my wildest imagination when she appeared with the sumptuous breakfast :') And far beyond that, I was so grateful that she went through so much planning just to make me happy, I'd always remind myself to cherish anyone who are nice to you and doing things out of their way for you.  The packaging and presents are all soooo pretty and it will definitely be a sweet 22 for me dear, because you made it to be one. :) I love you, and miss you much much more. And I am so blessed that you have always been the first to wish me at 12am on my birthday itself, thank you for valuing me so dearly all these years. 


And it must be my lucky year because the surprise never ends there, as my birthday is about to start ( although I was already half asleep in the dark). Tan appeared with a brownie ice cream outside the door, and that I swear it was unexpected, my mentality was that he already surprised the previous year so he wouldn't surprise again because people don't reuse their idea??? Guess I was pleasantly wrong keke.  


Had our birthday lunch @ SHIMA teppanyaki lunch buffet for $60/pax which turns out to be unsatisfactory Opps. Despite serving a variety of choices, most of the food doesn't taste fantastic and some were in fact a little bland. Especially so for the garlic fried rice that I have pinned very high hopes so. ): Felt like the fried rice below my bedok house tastes even better. But again never try never know, now that we have been there, we will not go again and I will not recommend others to go neither. Always something learnt from everything in life~  



The food items are free flow at request but I wasn't a huge fan of Oysters or Sashimi so maybe that's part of the reason too. In fact I had quite a internal struggle to bite on my first huge oyster in life and it taste, meh, me no like it at all. D:


The Australian tenderloin was fairly good but it was served last so I was almost full when it was served. Such cunning tactics by the restaurant hmph. Nonetheless we asked for a second serving to share cause I don't get to eat steak that often after all. And also, must make our $120 worth while which clearly failed.




After celebrating my third birthdays together. I am truly  thankful and in fact  amazed that we have walked so far. Over the years, I learnt about not finding that one right person, instead it's cultivating that one chosen relationship. It's by virtue of working together of being together, of spending time together, of dedicating one another. We have to create that one chosen relationship ourself. It's a process, it's by doing things together. :) 

Comments

Popular Posts