Shearite- Last note


School's starting in ten days, and this time, no more shifting into my second home on the 7th floor of Block E, and there will not be another Sheares hall experience for me as I move on from there. Will I miss the days? occasionally definitely. Would I have chose to stay on if given a chance? Maybe not. Two years in hall has left me with many bitter and sweet memories, it was a rich and fulfilling experience, I met peeps that I would have never known otherwise, joined CCAs that I was interested in, played 'semi-competitively' for Inter-hall games. :') Well just gonna use this post to bring up some of the things hall stay has provide me with. 
 
1. Moving in.
That was the day that I saw my room for the first time, while accompanied by Ali the Maria, it was a very refreshing experience, tried to friendly after hearing all sorts of legends about halls before moving in to my diagonal neighbour ( who later turns out to be a lazy bum, forever endorsing herself in her world of dramas., and seldom attend lessons.) She was really helpful and borrowed a vacuum cleaner from a senior who became my first eyecandy instantly for that one day kekeke. I remember I was close to blushing when I got the vacuum from him and started my little fantasies about my unknown future adventures in Sheares~ 


2.  SWOC Sheares-Welcome and Orientation-Camp) 
An exhausting but fun-filled camp that lasted 10 days long, wasn't that much a culture shock for me by then after joining Arts camp and Sports camp one month prior to that. Camp wasn't as shag since i have got my room and I remember escaping back to my room during Mass couple dance session because I really don't like to dance, it takes me forever to remember the dance steps. So that's where the privilege of having your own room first kicks in. 


3. Fun loving neighbours. 
Here's the three great freshies staying on level 7 with me, we sticked together during almost all occasions at the start,. It was my pleasure knowing them, each with their own unique personalities.  :) To think back, I am truly thankful for allocating onto 7th floor instead of 4th and 5th. They are the ones who help you close your windows when it rains, offer to buy lunch back for you when you are still sleeping, have later night hthts into the dawn, attending countless Sheares events together. 


4. Sleepovers that you can't hold at home.
Having a room all to yourself, despite small in size, gives you the freedom to invite your good friends over for sleepovers without having the hassle to get consents from your parents heheh. Glad that through my two years of stay, I have proudly invited most of my great friends over, squeezing into the bed together ~  


 5. Showing your talents/ just for fun.
Staying in hall offers a wide range of CCAs to join in from sports to band to communities.If you are really good at something, I think hall is the place that you will shine and get the glory of your life, worshipped by all. okay just kidding but yeah, it will be fun. I picked soccer and road relay in my two years, which I enjoyed most of the time except the times I became the captain and facing people's disappointment ( which I mentioned in my blog before hehe) But soccer is really fun, contrary to many girls' disbelief. 


6. Dinner&Dance, and all other kinds of dressing up events.
There is too many to name, SNDC, Buaya/Buayee, D&D, Halloween, Mid autumn festival, all occasions, if you can name it, hall can make it into a block or hall wide event. No fear of no one to watch the moon with you together for Mid autumn, or to eat with for National day celebration. Sheares has it all planned. All you need to do is dress up and show up. :'D 



7. OCIP - Overseas community involvement project.
 Of cause you can get this elsewhere too, there are plenty of such projects across all faculties or halls. It is something that I would say uh, good experience but not effective. One thing to note is that OCIP is tested and proven to be where you are likely to find your steady, speaking from real life examples of 4 couples in the photo above: success rate of 40%.


8. Study buddy for motivations.
Your room can always be set up as a tentative mobile study corner and invite your friend over for some positive influence at any time of the day. Though half the time you may get too distracted with broccoli and watermelons instead.


9. 24 hours Gym with nobody if you pick the right time.
Gym is top on the list of why-I-love-sheares, for it's 3minutes walk from my room and fully equipped. Glad that I have spent a considerate period of time in Gym killing some fats and building up some muscles throughout the two years, be it the insane late night early morning gym session with Zhou before he graduate, or the 10 weeks of Bikini Body Workout with Ali. Speaking of which, it works. :) 


10. Find your other half in hall. 
Last but not least, speaking from live example. You may find a boyfriend in hall if 天时地利人和, and all goes well. Hall will you plenty of opportunities to observe your interested target and with good evaluation, you can decide to keep or discard your target keke. It's a place whereby you can see the best and the worst (just-woke-up-faces) of your partner, judging a person's level of OCD from their room and habits. Ideal place for accessing a person, but caution: words travels fast here ~ 

Comments

Popular Posts