Part II.


Highway run into the midnight sun
Wheels go 'round and 'round, you're on my mind.



Popped to a world iconic structure during my Europe trip as well. I have to admit that everything seems better in computer, you know, those tumblr photos: perfect angle, perfect photoshop. Did not feel anything extraordinary upon seeing the tower, I thought I felt more astonishing while in Budapest, it's the most beautiful place out of all I have been to. For very long I look forward to every trip, but after this, perhaps not anymore. The crowd, the long bus rides, the touch and go following tours, isn't how I imagine travelling is like. I feel that travelling to places without understanding the history of the place is worthless, for I could not appreciate anything. A simple example below, the famous Monalisa in Louvre, with more than a hundred people gathering in front of her snapping photos, I personally don't feel anything special about the painting, maybe I just couldn't appreciate art well. To me, all the 70,000 pieces of paintings are very well done and deserve people's attention. And also, spending merely 2 hours in the museum and trying to glance through everything in the museum is just impossible. 


However, what really excites me is seeing the very first well preserved mummy of my life in Louvre, how mysterious, having a mummy all the way back from the ptolemaic period right in front of my eyes. I can't imagine whats below the layers of wrapping~ The ancient Egyptian myths and beliefs have always been very captivating to me since young, and visiting one of those Pyramids reminds as one of my childhood dream. :")


The 16 days has been educational and eye opening, as well as tiring for sure. However, I have to admit that the best feeling ultimately comes from coming back to my new nest in Sengkang, I really really love my new home, and it's a pleasure and privilege staying here. Took a ride along the Sengkang riverside earlier on, had a pleasant time until the right pedal decides to be funny and fell out, while I struggled to make it through the remaining 5km. Signed up for new Yoga class today at the CC a river away, about to start my part time job tomorrow at Obar. Finding a new studio for Pole dance. Feels like I'm living the prime time of my life now. Cheers to 2015!

Comments

Popular Posts