1Q84

“That's what the world is , after all: an endless battle of contrasting memories.” 

Couldn't bear to put it down since I started reading it yesterday, and insisted on finishing the 900 over pages last night. A captivating story comprising of love, fantasy and mystery. The whole plot lingers in my mind from the moment I finished it, and the residual effect of the book remained as I woke up a while earlier. The gloomy and dim sky outside feels a little over perfect for the morning. Despite the time-space difference, love transcends all dimensions, two humans could be so profoundly connected, and their entangled relationship gets revealed bit by bit as they bind even close towards the prologue. I close my eyes and imagine myself being Aomame, what an admirable character portrayed: bold, justice, passionate, bizarre and confident. A lady who whispers the strongest words: Find me now, Before someone else does. Do they exist in the real world? 100 percent perfect other? Maybe not, or maybe it is up to us to define our 100%. 

“Our memory is made up of our individual memories and our collective memories. The two are intimately linked. And history is our collective memory. If our collective memory is taken from us - is rewritten - we lose the ability to sustain our true selves.” 

How do we know we are living in reality and not a made-up memory? In the year 1Q84, there are two moons in the sky, it's a parallel existence of 1984. They were caught in a question, a world that bears a Question. All these subtle philosophical thinkings also captured me throughout the plot. I'm poor with language, and words cannot possibly express how impactful the book was. But yeah, just thankful that I read it. And during this holiday I should possibly read much more than this, been cutting down on Adventure Times and SpongeBob, this is a good start. :') 

Comments

Popular Posts