identities.

And here comes the (overwhelming) perfect weather I longed for, a windy afternoon with showers of rain, alright more of like a thunderstorm now with the never ending thunders surrounding my ears. Now that's a little too much, but since I'm well-sheltered at home now there is not much to worry about, and I should have grown old enough to fix a short-circuit should there be one. Maybe it's to prepare me for the shivery -15° starting from tomorrow, now that brings in some mixed feelings about heading back to my old good hometown, after a gap of, well tbh I don't even recall when, 2005 will be my be best guess. What kind of changes can 10 years bring to a city?At this point of time I went to google a photo of shenyang and uhm, I loosely recall the Tv tower because there was once I copied a composition of that from model essay book to hand up,my teacher read it out loud to the class to compliment my work, followed by a classmate of mine who innocently raised his hand and said: 'Teacher I read that in my essay book before.' Well, and that was the end of it, the end of me.  




However seeing this skyline photo did not give me the same sense of emotions that would evoke within me if someone were to show me this:



But who knows, maybe If i were to move to another country now for the next decade maybe I will return to Singapore with a brand new skyline again, which I could barely connect with then. I love this country, as I have mentioned occasionally to my blog before, despite the flaws and loopholes present in the policies or laws, i have never felt so safe in the city. Surrounded by a majority of lawful but often ignorant citizens who file complains without thinking rationally, without looking at the broader picture, without justifying why was certain policies passed in the first place. Now it would be a great honour if I could get hold of some SG50 jubilee NDP tickets because I can imagine how grant it's gonna be, considering how SG50 campaigns have already started before the nation even celebrated its 49th this year. Argh, but considering my past history of having no luck with the Ndp tickets ballot, the hope is slim. But who knows? 

Well to end off, I'm still pretty excited with the unknown mixed feelings I might get when I touch down the plane in a day or so, greeted by the heartless northeastern wind gashing through my face and rushed into my sleeves. And I might hardly want to bathe even my entire 6 days of stay there, but again it's normal to not bathe daily in winter, back then at least. Once a week was the max when I was young since nobody sweat a single drop under the harsh whether. Now I made myself sound like I'm seeking for shelter in some refugee. Ohwell. Excited much, :') 


Comments

Popular Posts