Home.

Together with ongoing downpours for the past few days right after weeks of unbearable heat, November knocked and in other words, the finals for yet another quick but fulfilling semester is on its way. At one look it may seems like another mandatory semester with repetition of submitting assignments, projects and receiving back the not-surprising average / below average grades, but I did came across a few enlightening readings that interest me. :) And it occurred to me that as much as we have all these idealistic Utopian concepts and goals we want to achieve, as human beings we are always flawed and theories are ultimately just to boast to the world that we are working towards something, it might plant a seed into people's mind that breeds hope, but as I dive deeper into the society, everything just get darker with no exception. And as much as I want to stop looking at the world in the deeply stigmatized way, it's rooted so deeply in my life that I myself is repeating reproducing these stereotypes in everyday life. Well, guess part of University education is to teach me to become a better human, which I will work towards it too. :)

On a lighter note, I will be moving house ( again ) by Feb 2015, albeit knowing that we will be moving since few years back, nothing felt more real than having a buyer in my house now signing contracts. I have moved ten times or so since young and the idea of relocation should not impact me as much, but not this time. For the ten years I have spent in this familiar house has left me a pocketful of memories, the quarrels with my mom, the tantrums I threw, the days I locked myself in to mug for Os, the cuddles in the house. As much as I look forward to a new room of my own, I glanced through everything in the house earlier on as I tag behind the agent who was showcasing the house to the potential buyer, and I felt a sense of belonging to everything here. To quote from a interviewee in one of the literature, 
'Home, is where you successfully climb those mountains, fight those battles, feel those feelings. And, at the end of the day, it’s the places where you do those hard internal debates. And you laugh and you cry.And, you share and you enjoy. But at the end of the day, it’s the place that carries you. You feel yourself in the place.'
And I thought that this depicts pretty much how I feel now, that home is such a special space, whereby we hardly see an identical interior designs of two houses, it's so personal and tailored to each individual staying in the house and as much as I visit any well furnished house I have never felt 'home as much as I do in my own. :') Visiting IKEA has always been a joy, though I have not reach the time whereby I start noticing the price tags yet. Well soon, very soon, but what comes sooner than that is that maybe I should notice the pile of work at the corner of my eye too... 

Comments

Popular Posts