21

Been having the urge to type, but I have been finding all sorts of excuses to procrastinate.

And the truth is that I miss my teenage days, I know 21 is still young in relation to one's entire lifespan, I'm not insisting that I'm too old already, but that even at the age of 21. I already felt the vast difference from before. While I was on the way home earlier on a couple in secondary school uniform was strolling in front of me, and it brought me back to the days when I was a secondary student like them, when I talk like a xia0Meiimeiizxzx, when I had all the time of day to waste outside, when I was in a relationship and I thought that the person is the one and only. How naive indeed, I would have been so ashamed if somebody secretly recorded a footage of myself back in those days, those embarrassment, those so called troubles I had, those selfish and self-centered thought I have drawn upon myself. And time has changed, people grew. Day by day, comes responsibility, it is up to me to attend the lessons to turn up for exams, it is my call to spend my night wherever, all my future and decisions lies in my very own hand. Little by little, we find our time diminishing, what used to be a whole day outing has been cut down to just enough time for a meal for each other. And very often I ask myself where has the time gone to, have they been put into good use? What would I have remembered when I'm old, looking back my entire life? And love, has become increasingly selfish as people mature with age. Back then we would spend hours, sleepless nights doing sketch book, monthsary gifts, and now, we would probably better utilize the time on readings, even if nothing went into our brain by the end of the day. We start to classify many things as unimportant and redundant, we prioritize other things over that and we think we are right. Where is the meaning of life?

As my 21th year on earth is passing by, I hope that in this coming year, I will learn to be a better human. That I will be good and bring laughter to people around me, that I will not take anything for granted and to always have compassion within me. To always make an effort to understand things from other's perspective. To stop waiting and start doing, to stay independent and to end everyday with a smile. To take every challenge in life as an opportunity to become better. To truly love and give. To acquire more knowledge and understand this world better. To always encourage myself like how I would encourage any others. To grab opportunities to listen to great music to experience new things to ran the furthest distance to push the limit over and over again. To apologize and to forgive. To the best day everyday~

Lastly, till this very day. My biggest achievement in life is having gone through so much with this women, and finally after 12 years, come to what we are today. Thank you. May you stay happy and healthy as we walk down many more years. :)


Comments

Popular Posts