s. power rangers.

'Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
― Stephen R. Covey



It's odd and a little annoying that my body has been in a perpetually tired mode recently, and occasionally dysfunctional, despite taking up the easiest temporary job ever this July. A call centre job was common, but one which receive less than 10 calls a day on average isn't. And that was how I passed 8hrs a day the past three weeks, thankfully. Though with the shortage of calls retrenchment happened every week, the manpower was cut from the initial 20 to 5 and ultimately 3. Peculiarly I was lucky in drawing lots and got to stay on till the very last day. Unless the HR decides to eliminates us all next week, who knows. However it might be, the past three weeks have been a great joy meeting new people, hearing new stories, and killing time together everyday. And that was very much different from what I was expecting from the job, not many angry customers , credited to I'm not working under telecomms after all. As the hotline I was working under is related to the Gst utilities rebate given by government, most callers are pleased to hear that they are receiving money from the gahmen. Though there are occasionally, albeit very rare, customer who call in to scold the gahmen for crediting money into his account w/o his permission, which is, in his words, 'abusing of power and violation of human rights.' You got to believe that all kinds of people exist I would say. The job was fun generally, while I get a tiny glimpse of the general utilities consumption of customers. And at the same time I'm grateful for the people I ended up with there, a funny bunch of colleagues to work with and time definitely passed faster with all the nonsensical chit chats. As well as an awesome team leader who treated us just like friends with not a single trace of superiority. Once again I've never failed to get amazed by people's life stories and it's been such a joy spending the time we had together. Thank you people who genuinely cared about me, for while it lasts. :)  

Somewhere in time I signed up for a Anti- stress thai massage at cc, just for fun. It was quite a new experience though I didn't become any professional massager via  short 2hrs session, it's always interesting to try out new stuffs. And through which I also learn that we humans have to conquer the fear of being alone, many times we attempt to find a companion to join us in trying out new things, for the fear of people's assumption of us having no friends when we go for something by ourselves. But the price to pay for avoiding such judgement often results in us missing out the opportunities to join new activities, since it's not easy to coordinate two people's busy schedules to fit into a common slot for any new class, whatever it may be. Therefore, I shall slowly step out of my comfort zone and try out many more new things out there in the world by myself. :D Life's too short to spend it just studying.


Apart from work life has been monotonous, meeting up old friends occasionally after work.  Invested in a new lens that I always wanted. Though it's a chore to carry the bulky camera out, I managed to bring it out, twice so far. :') Life with Tan has been good too, since we don't get to meet on weekdays, a proper date over the weekends has been great thus far, making me look forward to the weekends albeit the tuitions that piled up on weekends. And just something to highlight, or rather to be remembered, it's the first meal that Tan cooked for Le me :') Kekeke, must been not easy since his cooking skills is probably comparable to mine. So, A for effort! And it also made me realize how important cooking is, argh and mine is just beyond pathetic, but I will learn somehow. Teehee, but again as a health-conscious food consumer, it's hard to cook tasty food if I'm stingy with the oil the seasoning. Well I will work a way out, hais, Rome isn't build in a day so, a long way to go ahead to improve, or rather start on cooking. Maybe my next holiday job will be a kitchen runner, though I doubt I will learn much, but better than nothing learnt. :D 




Comments

Popular Posts