Be your own start up.

As I was dragging my worn out body back home at Tenah merah Mrt today, a bunch of yellow shirts ran past me, dashed up the escalator. Almost instantly after seeing the three letters 'NTU' on their shirts, I figured that the time of the year is here, campers all over campus roaming around the island for amazing race, and they are probably just about to head to Changi village for supper. Just as what I saw exactly one year ago.

And that triggered my train of thoughts on the way back, that camps were indeed the best time in uni. People have fun and joy and get insane during camps, in a way that they will never show anymore the school starts. I came across familiar faces when semester started last year, the same faces that were loud and rowdy during camps, now walked past me like they had split personalities. And I wished so badly that I were there this year, that I was part of S5, part of Swoc, staying up into wee hours, getting 2 hours of sleep for 5 days straight and crawl back home like a zombie. Those were the bittersweet times, while I cursed myself for signing up, at the same time I smiled for that was some fun shit. It was my only regret for the holiday that I couldn't join in the fun, for it clashed with my Ocip and work and tuitions. Over again I reminded myself to not get upset over it because I chose how to spend the holiday and thus the responsibility that comes with it.

Tan was probably right, just like what a few others has said. I could have been much more rowdy the past year. I could have been a lot busier, and yes I admit that's somewhat something I aspire to be in. Because this is the only time left, to get crazy to have fun, working life definitely doesn't allow that. After a month at Sp looking at lives of the permanent stuffs, after looking at the trains of working adults in and out the Mrt everyday made me nothing but become fearful of the life that lies ahead after graduation. And I have to, within my limit, treasure the remaining time left as a student. Life gets tougher, to which I firmly believe, so we have got to get better, to be more adapter. To turn to face the sun and let the shadow fall behind us, a phrase that I always like to relate to, like a sunflower.

Thus, in lieu of the school is starting in two weeks time. It could be my last year in Sheares, it's time to be my own start up. :) Leggo Junting, life is made up of so much more. Just set your priorities right. on a sidenote, I can't for tomorrow night to meet 940 it felt like it's been so so long ):

Comments

Popular Posts