$.

As pragmatic as it may sounds, being financially secured gives me temporary satisfaction with life. At the age of almost 21, it's the first time I seen a 4 digits on my account balance. Perhaps it means almost nothing to any working adult out there but to someone who has never been able to save money, this has come a long way. Since young I never managed to save up, I spent away every single cent of allowance I have, but I never knew what exactly I spent on. I admit that I always have a bad sense of money keeping, I bought fanciful account books to record done but the records never last more than a week.  And I always knew that it's crucial to manage one's finances in case of any emergency, no one would want to turn down their children in the future should they really want a toy and you had to look back in their eyes,trying to explain that you don't have any spares for it. Or at least that's what I felt, though I have never in life asked for anything from my mum, not a toy nor a shirt, not those fanciful gadgets others have, 'cause I knew all along how hard her money was earned, how money-savey she was in life. Despite so, she has always tried to make things the best for me, I'm always grateful whenever my phone contracts is up, she had never asked me to get a zero dollar phone, with exactly the same functions as the latest model, whatever it is. She has always offered to get me the latest phone instead. My friends were often surprised to know that my mum earns just a little more than $1k, for we always travel overseas during the holidays, but I have seen her buying clothes that cost more than $15 for almost ten years, I have never seen her eating out herself, we have never been to a cafe or a restaurant, our life were simply, yet she was truly great as a mother.

And for that, I have never said a word about her affairs and I never will. Every of us has many roles in life, she is a mother to me, a wife to my stepfather, a friend to her colleagues, a teacher to her students. To me, she is the best mum I could ever ask for in this world, and what she does as a wife doesn't define her as a bad mother for a bit. I will never comment on her actions, yes it's morally wrongdoings but I'm not in any position to point fingers. What's more, I'm really relieved to see her treating herself better now, buying pretty dresses at shopping malls, going around restaurants eating good food, getting a few luxurious accessories, it doesn't matter to me who paid for them, though we all know it deep down. What matters to me is seeing her happy, I chose to not stay at home the past year after all. I wasn't there for her, if someone out there is and is genuinely nice to her, why not. Though occasionally I feel bad for my stepfather too for he is, after all, a nice man. Ohwell. I'm really grateful for my friends around me who did not despise my mum or put across any harsh words when I told them about it too, thank you dear all of you, for being so understanding. At times it's hurting to hear tan mentions that 'I hope you don't get her genes' but it's meaningless to argue back anything, some people stereotypes, it's the way the world works, people make judgements based on the informations they learnt, the things they encounter in life, but a criminal's child doesn't meant to grow up becoming one too. At the age of 20, I know how to differentiate right from wrong in life, most of the time. I wish with all my heart that I will support and be part of a great family, I will work towards it. 'Cause that's I want to have in life. I have no big goals, I don't plan to make big bucks, I'm not becoming anyone famous, but I do have an ambitious dream to have a proper family, one with laughters in the house, one that the family goes out for picnic on a sunny Sunday afternoon, one that everyone cherish each other's presence in the family, like how I always wished I might have had otherwise.

Oh look how much I have diverted, back to money issue. To be honest, I have never felt so rich in life kekeke. :'D It's finally finally time that I can buy something for myself, and it would none other than a camera lens teehehe. And probably a shirt for my stepfather too. Can't wait for July to end and get my call operator pay. Oh yes, that's how my July will past, being a call operator at Singapore Powers, tomorrow will be my first day of official work after 2.5 days of training. How exciting, can't wait to get scolded by frustrated fellow Singaporeans~ Good night everybody. Now that le me has cash, I can buy Churros whenever I want Ohohoho. And I can eat Ramen whenever I want too. Tehehehehe. :')

Comments

Popular Posts