Make your life up, and then make it come true.

With the sudden surge of group photos hashtagging #LastLesson on Facebook, it occurred to me I've come to the end of my first academic year in Nus. Though strictly speaking the finals haven't even begin. Well, surprisingly fast. No words can describe my reluctance to end my undergraduate life, not that it's something for me to worry about now as a Year 1. I had a great talk with a graduating senior of mine last night while he was sharing his job interviews experiences, the conversation he had with his career advisor, and the hard truths he faced after stepping into the society. How CAP matters so dearly but that's just the beginning, it's even more important to know how to market yourself during the interviews. To be honest it was unexpected to see an ex hall-president getting panicky, facing setbacks from job interviews. After all, his portfolio isn't something that everybody can bring out with ease. He then wrapped things up by advising how I should consider deliberately about my own indicators of success in life. Yeah man, what is it? I've been spending all my years searching for the answer too.

As the semester ends. I'm more or less settled for majoring in Geography. Like said, I feel that an Arts degree is really general and doesn't provide me with any hard-skills. If so, I'd love to pick something I love to learn and interested in, for instance, the tourism industry. After taking a Singapore society module this Sem, I find many Singapore policies really compelling and it would be nice and ideal, if my job in the future is somewhat related to the state. Die hard civil servant here who is not money-driven. Hahaha. To look ahead I would try to get the mid-term scholarship from STB, I recognise how tough it is, selecting barely 10 students across the island annually but, if there is a chance, why can't it be me?There's nothing to  lose at the end of the day anyway, and nobody to blame if I didn't get it. So Leggo Junting. Know what you want and go ahead to grab it. :D Wootz, step one, pull your cap mountain high this Sem.

I apologise for posts with no color photographs recently ever since my phone died, it's impractical to carry my Dslr around everyday. To quote from an interesting and intelligent friend of mine two years back, 'the best pictures are captured with our eyes and remembered in our minds.' :) It was a great week for me, staying home feeling like a princess everyday with my stepfather coming in to take order for lunch, and my mum placing a variety of fruits on my study table every hour at night. Sleeping on a queen size bed that doesn't make squeaky noise when tossed around. It must have been a while since I last stayed at home this long. Sigh, sometimes I just want to stay here like a muachee and never moves away from home. Well all birds have to grow up and leave their nest someday. May my turn not come too soon. I'd love it here after all.

Met up with a few friends in the east the past week. Attempted to museum hop with Jh which was such a brain-draining task that we terminated our mission after the first stop and went on a brainless food hunt journey instead. Swallowed a great deal of food this week, ranging from the local lovers like xlb, popiah, chicken rice at Smith food centre, Soon Fa Bkt, Scissors cut curry rice; to restaurant dine-ins at Table manners, JiBiru Bar and Poulét; not forgetting to spend a quality amount of time mugging or chilling at Starbucks, coffee bean and To-gather cafe. Though I'm never a great lover of food, it was a great joy catching up with friends with food that makes your stomach smiles. Well, may there eventually be somebody to love me even if I'm not the typical skinny girls you see walking down the street.

To wrap up, everything in life is falling into place perfectly, every single thing. And I enjoy how we are understanding each other a little better with each day that passes by too, that's how it ought have been since the very beginning. But it's okay, I love how we are now too. May you be just as comfortable. :) Somedays I'm a little worried if I will wake up one day to find out that we become total strangers and stopped talking to each other forever. Well, if that day really has to come, I hope I enjoyed every single day before that. Good night everybody my body feels like a huge piece of jelly, muscles aching from the hell insanity training last night. And there is unlikely to have picture update till, till Iphone 6 is released, whenever it would be.

Comments

Popular Posts