Term one report.

I can't believe that I typed my previous post with such high confidence. Ha. ha. ha. Such sense of humor I once shared. With three quarters of my exam over I have my fingers crossed now and all I hope to get back anything above 3.5. And with that I will go for all lectures next sem; I will follow up with the weekly readings; I will go to tutorials with my work done beforehand. Eric Thomas once said that when you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful. I wonder if I will someday value my academic performance as bad as that, well maybe not. It was never in me to compete with anyone all my life, I just thought that life would be way less complicated without all these unnecessary comparisons. Though having said this, it would also means that I accept that people who paid off more hard works deserve more than me. Despite all the flaws in our so-labelled "meritocracy" system, I see it as the better option amongst all. :')

K nuff about results. With that it almost marks the end of my first semester in Nus. It was fifteen amazing weeks passed, and I account this largely to the fact that I'm staying in Sheares, meeting all sorts of lovely people. Imagine a Sem without Sheares, life would just composed of taking long hour rides to and fro Nus everyday, none or only a few acquaintance made, and I would definitely not have pick up soccer.



Starting first with the level 7 ladies that I see them around almost every day. It's a place whereby your year of study or faculty or any background matters not even a bit, here's where I met a bunch of chatty, helpful and caring ladies. I appreciate the fact that our level isn't as rar rar or noisy as the others, after all I enjoy solitude at times. We have the sweet Malaysian girl in the middle who always made barley water for everyone; we have the two on the left that always lent me their printer and vacuum generously; we have the year four senior who always tell us tips and insights from her years of experience; we have the bubbly squirrel on my lap who just celebrated her gorgeous 21st in the photo. It's always the little acts of service in daily life that touches me, and I was so astounded to discover that my neighbour has the same weird area of interest with me; that we both love mysteries and wonders in the universe. It got me excited all over talking frantically about bermuda triangle, space travellator, artificial intelligence and a long list of mysteries with her for three whole hours that night. Holy crap I should have known better that she is weird, just like me. Hahahaha.

Though realistically speaking it's unavoidable that I would have to mingle around with the level seven girls. Don't get me wrong it's not that I dislike them by any bit, ( Though there was indeed a period that I felt pretty uncomfortable sharing much on my r/s because of the ineluctable fact that things spreads like butter on bread in hall. I'm good with telling a few but becoming a story teller in hall wasn't sth I desired. ) My point is just that they are the ones that I have to come in contact with no matter what, and I'm uttermost thankful and lucky that they are all genuinely nice. But there are also individuals friends that I've made, out of my own will I would say. People that I enjoy, and willing to make an effort to spend time with, and establish friendships. By uni you should know that the term friends is really hard to classify, you never know if one day your coursemate is gonna turn their back on you and give you a stab. I heard stories from both the victims and attackers and it's true that it happens here. I'm just lucky that I din't meet any so far. 

So here's one. First impression: "fierce girl who probably has some unique attitude and doesn't mingle with people who don't do sports." And my first impression got reinforced shortly after when another person told me "yah she look very dao one, and another girl on level 7 also look damn fierce, they are friends I think. " Now come to think of it it's funny because I'm establishing friendships with both the 'Yandao' girls hahahah. ( Just to add on that 'another girl on level 7' is the one I just mentioned who share common interest as me Hahaha. Life is funny in its own ways. ) Well while the befriend only sporty people is completely absurd I was partially right about the unique attitude at least, and I enjoy being with someone like that. It's never in my genes to befriend those girly girls out there who invest a large amount of time on the latest fashion, popstars and gossips about everything. Neh. So while I'm fortunate enough to have found a cool friend, it's a real pity that she decided to stay only for one Sem and is retreating back home. ): Agh. I guess I'm not very confident in saying things like I'm confident that we will stay as close because we all know how things works as we grow older, but if I could I'm willing to try to maintain the friendship. Yes Nus is big but come on, there are only these few places we can mug after all. Hahahah considering that I'm about to turn over a new leaf in the coming sem, looks like I've found my mug bud in advance :'D

And another one that I guess is worth mentioning, a funny dude that stays beside Terry. One that never fails to bring up everyone's mood in a group, one that can talk to a complete stranger as if they were Bros-for-life already. Oh and not forget to mention, for being the ass that initiated drinking on the fateful night which leads me having my first and last horrendous hangover. ( Agh that was so horrible I had to change my puke-stained mattress and pillow and bolster and everything else.) Well, but I'm grateful that his presence made all the outings full of laughters, be it Escape cafe, bowling, Zoo, Prive, or crashing my Le couple time every now and then, trying to perform magic tricks that never once worked. But, there is something wrong with the people I befriend with I guess, he is another one that is not going to stay next Sem. Agh seriously, so I will drop from two friends made in Sheares to zero. Pui.

That pretty sum up with the friends I'm spending my days with in uni. While on the other hand I'm so fortunate to be able to see 940's face almost every week. Even with everything of me taken away so long as I still have her life is gratifying. :') Ohohohoho. Okay life is good my post is long time is late my eyes are tired, it's a hint to switch off the lights. Gd night.  :) 




Comments

Popular Posts