Yeah yeah it's the time of the month again, time to pen down some thoughts. :)

Two months into schooling, I've finally get a hold of most things like, what lessons do I have on which days of the week, what's the timing for different ccas, how to print notes w/o wasting up to an hour in the library, what's the shortest route to various LT / Tut rooms. Things like that, insignificant but I would call it living smart. Hahaha.

Recently I've done my first event planning in life; a newspaper fund raising project to support our OCIP trip to Chiangmai next June. From initial planning, writing proposals, seeking for permissions, contacting waste paper dealer, designing and printing of flyers to eventually the execution of the project. ( Which thankfully ended ysd, though on a high note I stupidly fell into the drain during the last min. I find it pretty amazing that people can actually still fall and get cuts at the age of 20 but let's leave my retardness aside for now hahaha. )    
It wasn't as tough as I thought it would be, largely attributed to the help of the two seniors guiding me along the way and also that for most proposals, it was more of like copy-paste-edit thing. Good experience, but not something that I want to get involved with again, going down from hall to the company locating at Sembawang twice is a chore, so is facing the multiple rejections of proposals and flyer designs. 

In spite of that, there are a number of take away from organizing such event. That firstly, working with a partner isn't easy. Most of the time when the tasks are passed onto the two of us, I would rather get it done myself because sometimes it's just hard to split the work when it could be done by one person alone. Therefore coordination is really important so that one person doesn't feel like being exploited, the splitting of work to ensure that it's fair to both could be a problem sometimes. But I'm glad that we din't have any conflict throughout, or I hope that my partner don't have any unsatisfactory that he kept within Opps.

Secondly being a project I/C can be stressful sometimes when you realize the weight you are carrying, overseeing the entire flow to ensure maximum efficiency. It was kind of a smooth journey for me because nothing worth mentioning went wrong during the entire process. But it made me realize the kind of responsibility that a leader ought to carry with them when leading the people. It's like the followers have a certain level of trust in you and your duty is to then make sure that things don't go wrong. All in all, I'm glad that it ends smoothly and thank you, everyone who helped to make this possible. :) WAKAKA ON A SIDE NOTE SO HAPPY THAT MY JOB IS NOW DONE, NO MORE FUND RAISING PLANNING YAY! :DDD


Moving away.
I coincidentally crossed path with two people recently, similar settings but both reacted with such vast difference.

First I had a split second of eye contact with Jc, well. Or maybe even shorter than that.You din't stop by to even say Hi but instead walked away so hurriedly. Well, in the past I had always imagined that I would see you on the street someday and I imagined what would our reactions be what would we say. And then it happened, just like that. Afterwards 940 asked how would I summarized my feelings into one word and I told her, it was all like, 'OkCan', and that was it then. And it hits me that maybe, I had been overly idolizing you. That because you process many traits that I was so eager to possess, that sometimes I forget you too, is an ordinary human being. But nah, dude you are still awesome hahaha. :)

And then D tapped on my shoulder today at the library, now that was a pleasant thing to happen, a polite and sincere smile, a real quick catch up, it never felt so good. It's like having someone who had long disappeared in your life suddenly pops out, and you feel happy to learn that they are doing well in life. There are really nice guys around who are genuinely nice and I'm glad that we met, though it brought you a mini disaster by the end of our relationship which till date, I still feel some guilt if anyone were to bring it up, but again it's really good to see you doing well in life now. :)

You see in life we cross paths with hundreds or maybe thousands of people, and everyone serves some purpose, each of them taught us something during their stay. And appreciate everyone who is still here, or was here in my life. It makes me love living my days, it makes me scare of death and disappear from earth, it makes me learn something new everyday. For now, good night world.            

Comments

Popular Posts