Take the chance.

After procrastinating for days, I concluded that if I still don't start typing, I would never be able to produce a post before September ends. Well, but you see the things on my mind are all entangled and intertwined; such that I don't know where should I begin.

If it's not for the fact that recess week falls after week 6 of the semester, I wouldn't know how long have I been in NUS already. As I slip into this social circle slowly, I find myself getting used to it day by day and very soon, I will probably feel as though I've been there all my life. Human are such forgetful animals. Or just me being, adaptive, as usual? 

Two months back I arrived at Sheares hall with a luggage in one hand and a pillow in the other, having absolutely no idea what was about to happen to me. Now that everyone seems to be settling down, it's pretty amazing how everyone seems to be leading on such different life, when initially we came into this place on equal ground, or so it seems on the surface. Some formed closed ties with the seniors, which in turn became the central 'pillar' of the blk, while some phantom away and got closer to their course mates instead, everyone slowly formed their own little circles around hall, be it by level, by cca, or anything at all. ( Talking about all this makes me feel a little like I'm doing a short report on the social construct  of hall for my Sociology mod, ohwell wtv. ) Well for me, hall life deviate by quite a bit from what I imagine it would be like, I started off thinking that the entire blk would be close as a whole, which come to think it it's such a ridiculous thought. I kind of like being placed on level 7, for one I love higher floor, the views are much better being at higher ground; and having only four freshies on the level including me, the corridor is generally quiet and I enjoy the occasional small talks with the few neighbours in a small group, or best one to one. Though one thing I learnt here is that there is no secret in hall, the moment that you decide to tell one person, it's equivalent to taking a mic and broadcast it to the entire blk, well for most cases this holds true unless otherwise stated.  

Moving on, hall has also brought me, well a pleasant surprise before this year ends. :) Which explains why I have been disappearing from level 7 recently, or should I say, shortly after I even settled down in hall. Again I have to bring this up that at times we might hold certain criteria or conditions for our "ideal partner", but in reality, sometimes things just happen. One day you might just coincidentally / fatefully met someone and you two hit along well just like fork and spoon. ( now this is a retarded simile but it's the best I could give at 4am in the morning. ) But again now that as I grow older I believe in a certain theory that I read somewhere; it says that finding a life partner is like taking a stroll by the beach and finding a seashell, you pick up the one you like and bring it home, take good care of it while at the same time never go back to the beach again. Eventually we might realise that all men and women are in fact the same, so it sums down to finding one that you are willing to compromise for and make things work out. No one is that complicated, after all everyone is just seeking for unconditional love from another person. Though love takes in many forms and ways, it's not hard to find out what a person needs most; words of affirmation, acts of service, receiving gifts, quality time, physical touch, whichever it might be. No one ever said that staying in love with another person will be an easy and smooth journey, to be frank I don't know what the future has got for us. And that at times I feel rather handicapped because of all the rational thinking as we all matures, that we tends to hold back so as no to make ourselves vulnerable to love, to get hurt eventually. Well, but holding back makes us miss a lot of fun too, after all to fall in love is the greatest adventure ever. :)  

Right let's move on from this, I'm not yet done with my accounting of hall life. Famous for its hectic lifestyle, I'm now one of them and here I am, picking up four ccas ( not mentioning that this is the minimum that most took up. ) namely soccer, road relay, SHM photography and an OCIP committee for 2014. Here I would like to remind myself that my studies isn't really on par with the prof's and perhaps it would be great if I just go sleep now, so that I have more energy to mug tomorrow. Yes this sounds like a good plan good night world I'm dead tired actually. :/

Comments

Popular Posts