SUNDOWN 2013; HALF MARATHON.


And we made it through. :')

After two and half hours of running in the middle of the night yesterday, we surpassed ourselves and unlocked the new achievement in life: Completing 21.1km without stopping throughout. What a moment to remember.

It couldn't have happened if JC din't start dragging me to the gym and stadium from the very start;
It couldn't have happened if Jon din't pull me to go and also train for werunSG10k last year;
It couldn't have happened without Jacinth running by my side throughout the 21km yesterday;
Last but not least, it couldn't have happened without myself persevering through all these months of training, on the roads, by the coast, on the treadmills. Thank you everyone who played a part in this, who encouraged me before the run. I'm glad to have y'all know that I finished it good. :D

There're all sorts of runners I'd came across last night. People of all shapes, sizes and age, running can be part of anyone indeed. I seen a runner with one of his limbs missing, I seen oversize runners among the crowd, I seen runners in their late sixties, if not older. And I just felt so elated seeing everyone throughout the run. After which I overheard that there are over 30 thousands participants this year, what a happy number. I sincerely hope that I could and I will keep running as part of me, even when I drown in work, after child-births, and not to forget in my retire days. Running shall always be my passion in life, as long as I can, I will not stop. :)

21.1km isn't something that I will bring out and refer it as 'no kick'. Repeating the exact same motion for 2.5 hours had  made us lost the ability to walk normally afterwards momentarily. On a personal level, the hardest part was running to meet the halfway point. I somehow felt that the first 11km relies on the results of whatever stamina you have trained overtime and once the halfway mark is reached, the rest is just endurance in never stopping. Given that I did some training beforehand and had a trial 18km run in April, last night was manageable, albeit not easy. I thought that I will  barely survive today with 5 tuition back to back but surprisingly it wasn't as bad. The only thing is that I can barely feel my leg today and I've been walking up and down the overhead bridge in super awkward manners. But again at least I din't roll down the stairs, good enough. :')  

To sum up it was a hell good night spent. And on a sidenote I'm pretty happy today that my phone died throughout the day and I had time to notice small little things in life that I often ignored while busying scrolling through my phone. I love silence like this, when the phone stops functioning, the brain starts thinking. 


Good job Jacinth and me! :D 

Comments

Popular Posts