Valentino valentines.


For a while I think it's quite stupid of me to take a photo of a photo. Photoception!, but again it's because this is the only photo we took on the day.

As mentioned, Wahshuan and me embarked on a small and interesting business, that's it, in lieu of Valentine's day, we went onto the street selling polariods to couples,yes those naive young love birds who are so blinded by love that they're willing to spend up to 5 bucks for an instant photo. Because it's valentines' day you see. :') No doubt it was entertaining but for things as such, we would probably only do it once and for all, for it's really tiring to walk a million miles, approaching almost all the couples that was in our way. The weather wasn't very pleasant as it rained the entire day, our initial plan of strolling around the Singapore river was forced to stop and we spent the night meandering the entire CBD area, covering from Citylink all the way to MBS. And despite our effort to strategically pick on potential customers, many of them turned us down. Right let me just summarize some main take-away of the day:

  1. Nothing will come to you unless you make an effort to get it. Simply put, we have to make the first move in order to obtain what we desire. Money did not just appear magically unless we go up to ask the couples in the first place. 
  2. Opportunities is all around you, grab the chance as it's still there. That's it, we actually made deals with quite a handful of couples who we approached them thinking that they'll surly turn us down. It all started of with the standpoint of "no harm trying anyway". 
  3. Do what you want to do in life, and it's never be too early nor too late. I actually thought of backing out in view of the heavy rain, now I'm just so glad that I did not 'cause I would have missed out so much fun. It's time to stop beginning our sentences with "I wish" but ‘I will". 

I've long lost count the number of couples we approached and the rejections we received, but I'm rather satisfied with the harvest at the end of the day. We managed to sell out 40 over films and made a net profit of a little more than a hundred. :') Since my main objective was really to try this out, the fact that I've earned fifty bucks out of it sounds more like a bonus to me. I therefore conclude that it was a great valentines's day well spend,a big thank you to all the valentines and I hope the film din't turn out blurred. We have absolutely no intention of cheating your money but it was only today that I realize there is something wrong with my polariod. Opps :/

Comments

Popular Posts