Irony at it's best.

Some days I get quite irritated with the social networking sites; I get annoyed when I see people tweet way too frequent, I get annoyed when Facebook is fed with irrelevant or disturbing images especially from people I'm barely close to. I think people should stop posting too much on what they eat what they wear what they do what they feel every single moment. I don't really want to be fed with so much information on other people's life. 

Yet as much as I am making complains here. I know that I seem to gain the full control of whether to follow / track someone or not, but again it appeals to me that I do not have a choice. Taking for example under a hypothetical situation I made friend with person A via an event, that would bring us from stranger to the level of at least Hi-bye friend, and more often than not we will exchange SNS like fb/twitter at the end of the day. Perhaps after the event we stopped contacting, and after sometime I got annoyed by the inundation of tweets by him or her, but again there is not much I can do because theoretically we are "friends" so I can't just filter him or her away from the list. And that's where I starts to feel annoyed, annoyed at people's constant updates, annoyed my inability to refrain myself from checking these sites.   

Ironically, these chunk of words comes from a person who has sent 6k over tweets and fb user for four years. Which means I probably contributed quite an amount of annoyance to others too. But agh I just can't stand this anymore. I need to filter people away, honestly I am only concern with the livelihood of a few people who my life revolves around with. As of the rest, I just had enough of the excessive information over the past few years. 

Ps. Does this make me not a very sociable person? Well so be it. I'm sick of being too kpoh with other people's life. It's way too tiring. In a way I prefer blogs or tumblr more now because I get to choose specifically who do I want to know more about. I love having the freedom of making choices.I think everyone does.

pps. Forget about filtering. It's too tedious. I will just create a new account.

Comments

Popular Posts