圣诞之碎碎念.

Looks like the Mayan prophecy did not happen and the earth is still spinning. :]
That's a piece of good news though it was the least of my worries to begin with. Christmas passed by pleasantly despite a friend of mine was whining over how lonely-some festivals are without the company of a partner. To which I think otherwise.

Christmas eve began dramatically at 9.30am as I woke up by a call from le mum to carry the new set of desktop we bought just a day ago (Which was a faulty set, unfortunately.) all the way to courts Megastore for an exchange. That allowed me to have adequate time for a good Christmas treat for myself  with the company of a great book at the Ikea food market. In my memories I don't quite recall any occasion that I have a good meal by myself outside, and I somewhat love the kind of solitude gained from enjoying the meal alone now. An afternoon spent lazying at a random cafe with a good book in hand always sounds ideal to me but I never got a chance to do so, perhaps I can afford to waste time this a way since now that As is over. :')  
 
Moving on Jon popped by in the afternoon for a short catch up session before I spent another two hours at Subway myself munching on a Veggie delite wrap while waiting for Alibaba. I suck at bowling, that's it. But again I prefer talking more than the bowling session. To which it occurs to me that meeting up with my friends have become so previous since that school has ended, which means our only connections that relate us to each other terminated. It's all up to us to put in time in maintaining friendships and all despite everyone's busy schedule. Again it's a blessing in disguise because it helps one to see the picture clearer and know which are the friends to keep and learn to prioritize things sometimes. 


Moving on I head over to shiyin's house, who I have not been meeting in ages, earlier yesterday for dinner. I'm really grateful for them accommodating to my diet and altered the original steamboat to a pure vegetarian pot. Vegetables are good for skin and health and blood circulations babes, you all will thank me when you live till a hundred years old hehe. Speaking of diet I will prepare a post on my healthy lifestyle when I hit my target, in a month's time hopefully.


Summing up I have been really busy ever since I was back from the trip, catching up with everyone that I'm close to. And some pathetic time dedicate to reading, I felt sorry for myself that I couldn't bring myself to spend more time on broadening my knowledge. May things get better when internship starts considering that I will spend approx. three hours a day travelling. Internship would mean the end of my free and easy life, I will have to crawl out of bed at 6.30, squeeze with millions of people on the MRT like sardines everyday, working from 9 to 6. Well, let's hope it's a good job experience, for the next six months. That's a little long isn't it?

Gonna end here since it's already four a.m. Good night earthlings. 


PS. Trying to show off some of the fridge magnets I have made this year as a Christmas present here. I love festivals, can be used as a good excuse to practice my handicraft skills and make small presents for my beloved ones as a token of appreciation for their presence in my life. :')

I actually thought of typing the long delayed birthday post tonight since I don't have anything on the next day, and also that I'm pretty much in love with the new desktop and the Window 8 system. I have this Love-hate relationship with it because as much as I enjoy playing around with the fanciful and convenient functions, I get irritated because it's all new to me still. But again people of this fast changing age are trained to be more adaptive than in the past so yeah, in a few days I will handle it like a geek. Right so as I was saying, I decide to skip the birthday thingy because I realize I lost most of the photos after switching to new phones and now a new PC, on top of that it was a season ago and there is no much meaning in regurgitating out the events. But I do want to express my thank here to Alibaba, Jiachen and Jon for making the oreo cheese cake, super creamy cake and the peach jelly cake for me respectively. I deeply appreciate all the time and effort you guys had put into making the cakes. Sorry that I don't bake and I don't have strong interest with food neither so, no food for y'all on birthdays hahahah. Ohwell Jc is probably out of the picture already but yah, just saying.  

Comments

Popular Posts