Garden in the City. ❀ ✿ ❁


It's always good to have someone who doesn't mind getting sticky and sweaty and take a hike under the scorching sun on a Friday afternoon. ㋡ Splendid day spent at MacRitchie Reservoir Park with Le love. :') It was really stunning to discover such becalming greenery in Singapore.Come to think of it that's pretty generous of UDA to set aside such a large piece of land for natural reserves given the limited space.Well, good efforts in integration of greenery into the urban living conditions. 
I swear we walked for probably 1km + 4.7km + 2.4km ( Wrong way thanks to le friend who confidently said "你要相信我" ) + 3km, a total of over 11km today. What an achievement for my weak legs. But should any of you have the time, I would gladly recommend you this heavenly place for a perfect afternoon. Was staggeringly impressed when I realize this particular area of the reservoir was so clear that you could actually catch the reflection of the skyline,well guys y'all should really pack your bags,( and bring lots of water too. ) take a 7km trail, and see this for yourself. :D       


Highlight of the day was supposedly the HSBC Tree Top Walk that's 4.7km down into the forest.The last 100 meter of it seemed ridiculously long somehow, but still. Managed to reach approx 10 minutes before the gate closes at 5pm. It wasn't so much so of the "Bird's eye view of the community of plants and animals that live in the forest canopy" (as according to website) that caught my eye but, the herds of monkeys along the walk~ 


Despite looking harmless, I was quite nervous and literally froze on the ground as they moved really close to us, not that I have any choice since the walk is really narrow. It was after I realize they look really undisturbed despite my presence that I decided to grab the chance and snap a shot :D


The day ended off well by us getting lost and kind of accidentally walked into the golf course of Island Country Club, ended up we got a free ride on the golf cart by a really kind patrolling guard (I suppose) to the main road. Saved us from walking 3km miserably ourselves. :') Alright that's all, I'm suppose to blog about my new citizenship in concurrent with NDP yesterday but ohwells, some other day I guess. 




A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.

Comments

Popular Posts