For while we live, Let us live.

My apology for procrastinating so long on this post. First and foremost, welcome to eighteenth dear Ali. Though it's been a tough (half ) year for us struggling between study and relaxation; together with the gradual maturing of our mindsets which promptly made us question about life frequently, I did enjoy every little 'philosophic' talk with you, I'm just so grateful that VJ brought us back together. True that I might still be in the same state should you have not been back into my life, but I would never know how much I would have missed out without your accompany. Oh wait, I can actually foresee my life being much more miserable and devastating should you have not been here for me every time before all the exams. Ah well, I love you. :') Thank you for all your timely text replies, and not to forget your well-baked free foodie (Which I hope they ain't too fattening.). May all of us lead a fruitful and happy life.      


I realized I'm taking up a lot time to blog recently, not that I've that much to say but more of constantly checking and modifying the post to sharpen my use of language. Consciously trying to make myself sound more mature with better use of English, which come to think about it, it's subconsciously a display of immaturity isn't it? Well that's how things are sometimes, paradox. Been into Carnism recently- the invisible belief system that enable us to eat some animals and not others. Just to quote a paragraph that's relatively impressive:

"because we care about animals, and we do not want them to suffer. And because we eat them. Our values and our behaviors are incongruent, and this incongruence causes us a certain degree of moral discomfort. In order to alleviate this discomfort, we have three choices: we can change our values to match our behavior, we can change our behavior to match our values, or we can change our perception of our behaviors so that they appear to match our values."
- Why do we love dogs eat pigs and wear cows. 

This somewhat relates me to ponder upon the power of perceptions. It's always the perception that made us behave like the way we are now isn't it. Our brain don't really see the world the way it really is, or maybe we can't. We believe it's appropriate to eat cows but not dogs, we believe that it's unsafe to drink tap water but bottled water is good, just too much to list. And I'm too hungry to think, here's a short video on Perception I've found on TED. Talking about which I've added a few regular websites that I visit at the side bar,( together with a new bucket list as inspired by school's CT session.) oh btw these websites are good for GP my fellow students :')


Ending off my post since it's getting late, I shall try not to whine here but my weight is so horrible now, my heart literally clinched when I saw the horrendous digits shown. Fine it could have been worse but as far as I'm concerned, this is unacceptable and something must.be.done. )': I can't focus well on study knowing that my gravitational force is increasing daily damn. 


And just to share some common misconception that I was wrong about too:

10 Common Misconceptions Dispelled 

But, well what if the misconceptions are another misconceptions too? :O Trolled. Well, scientist proved that people tends to believe whatever the others said if they start their sentence with "scientist proved that..." Did I just did it too?.. HAHAHA WTV.

Comments

Popular Posts