Being half slothful and half addicted to anime, I've been procrastinating in producing my reflection on the two weeks long overseas service learning. And also because so much had happened that it's hard to compress everything into a clean and neat post. Though to be very frank I would like to confess that I did not find this trip as life-impacting as I thought it would be on me, and that I felt I wasn't much of a help to them. Yes the kids had fun and they cried when we left, it was all heart-wrenching to see their tears, but something seems to be missing in this picture. Part I - Education. Ok uhm education, huge challenge due to communication barrier, my thai knowledge during the first week was beyond pathetic. And also that I din't feel teaching was a new exposure for me since I've been giving quite a number of tuitions back in Singapore. What's more the thought that I was teaching a group of thai kids english when we have no idea what each othe...
Comments